October 6th SLOG Hunter Atchison- atchiso9

Hunter Atchison
hunter.atchison@mail.utoronto.ca
October 6th SLOG
Computer Science is a subject that is constantly changing and expanding as society and technology advances. It's something I've always been interested in learning  and understanding better as it is integrated in my day-to-day life. Expanding my knowledge in computers could help me in my future career or personal use. Having only a basic comprehension of computers made me feel more comfortable in enrolling in CSC 104 rather than an advanced course. 

Having no prior computer science experience, I wasn't sure what to expect. Although it is just the basic level, I assumed that it would still be complex and require thinking skills. I have faced challenges so far in this course, but have been able to overcome and progress with the material.

So far I've found the different functions that you are able to create very interesting. As a class we are learning very basic functions that are quite remarkable to see what a computer is able to learn, do, and remember to make our lives easier. The material we have learned so far interests me to advance my knowledge about computers and coding, and how it can assist me with the technology I use everyday.

Having no prior experience I had no idea what to expect in terms of difficulty. My biggest worry was if I would be interested in the course or not, and if I would be successful, as I do my best when I am engaged and interested. It is definitely a challenging class but also very interesting, so I have not found studying and preparing for quizzes a daunting task because I've enjoyed and understood it.

There are no particular computer science topics that I am interested in, but I do want to keep learning about the general subject. I have enjoyed this class so much so that I have put myself on the waitlist for CSC 108 in hope to continue taking computer science courses at U of T. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed this class and can't wait to keep learning and growing my computer skills.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 27th SLOG Hunter Atchison

December 6th 2017